Expressions of Interest - Manager - Management Consulting (Operations Advisory)
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 22 Nov 17
See job description for details
- Growing Management Consulting division
- Deliver transformational change in Operational Excellence, Procurement and Supply Chain
- Build a long term career across the broad areas of our business
Our Operations Advisory team assist leading companies and government agencies across various industries to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations while driving sustainable business improvement. The Operations Advisory team draw on a combination of professional and talented individuals, powerful KPMG methodologies and global resources to meet the objectives of our clients.
Your new role
Future opportunities are anticipated in our Adelaide Operations Advisory team, focusing on client engagement and team leadership. The Manager position sits within a highly experienced and supportive team, and will be exposed to a variety of client projects as well as continuous learning opportunities.
As a Manager in the team you will:
- Work shoulder to shoulder with clients to manage engagements and workstreams, ensuring we draw on our deep sector knowledge and diverse skills to produce high quality outcomes. This will include developing solutions to complex problems and documenting those in compelling client reports, all while building strong client relationships
- Build the capability and manage the work of our outstanding team of analysts who are highly talented and hungry to learn. This will include taking on formal and informal performance development responsibilities for junior members of the team
- Support organisations to achieve operational excellence and therefore underlying efficiencies and cost savings
- Embed Operational Excellence / Lean principles into a client to assist organisations to sustain improvements to their business
- Build Procurement and Supply Chain competence by coaching clients' personnel in applying KPMG's global methodologies
- Recognise clients' risks and define practical operational solutions to mitigate against them
We're interested in people that are accomplished team players, able to work effectively as part of a wider KPMG and client team. You act as a spokesperson for KPMG, making a strong impact through highly developed problem solving and business skills.
For the Manager role we're seeking candidates with:
- Tertiary qualifications ideally in any of commerce, engineering or law
- Solid level of experience gained from working within management consulting or in internal consulting roles within the defence, utilities or government sectors
- Strong experience in operational excellence, operations technology, strategy engagements, cost reduction and/or design of target operating models
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and confident with the ability to influence clients and lead small teams or streams of work as part of a larger engagement
- Note that security clearance is preferred
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 23 Oct 2017 Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Nov 2017 Cen. Australia Daylight Time