Business Analyst - BI and Analytics
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 21 Sep 17
See job description for details
- Partner closely with QLD clients across the private and mid-market sectors
- Enjoy an inclusive, supportive and people-oriented team culture
- Ongoing support, development and career opportunities
With continued growth, our KPMG Enterprise Advisory practice in Queensland are now seeking a Business Analyst with hands on experience on BI & Analytics projects to join our Brisbane team.
Your new role: In collaboration with our Enterprise Advisory senior leaders and Partners you will -
- Assist in delivering a variety of consulting engagements collaborating with clients across the private and mid-markets including early stage and fast growing companies, well established businesses and government bodies
- Quickly establish a deep level of stakeholder engagement and offer innovative solutions to the complex business problems they face. Contribute to commercial and contractual decisions including developing scopes of work and working to budgets
- A strong analytical and commercial mindset with practical hands on experience in business intelligence, data warehousing & analytics projects
- Experience in analysing complex data sets, identifying meaningful relationships, issues and inconsistencies, as well as presenting your analysis graphically
- Exposure to projects that use the following is highly desired: Microsoft (Azure, SQL Server, SharePoint & Flow), Visualisation (Power BI, Qlikview, Tableau )and Extract Transform Load
- Knowledge and experience of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing and defect management
- Strong communication, documentation, presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Commitment to continuing development and improvement through on the job learning and potentially post-graduate studies
- Good report writing and general communication skills - ability to communicate key issues and queries
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
If you're passionate about supporting clients with technology driven solutions and are enthusiastic about joining a rapidly growing team of professionals, please apply for this position online including resume and cover letter. Please note, closing dates are subject to change.
Advertised: 06 Sep 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 06 Oct 2017 E. Australia Standard Time