External Auditor - Financial Services
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Assurance Management Level
Senior Associate Job Description & Summary
About the role:
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle
- Work with leading Brisbane and National financial services organisations
- Join a growing financial services assurance team, with opportunity to progress and help build our growing client base
An opportunity to join our Financial Services ( FS
) team in Brisbane is on offer for a Senior Consultant, with a focus on external audit and other assurance services. The ongoing success and growth of our client base means we are able to offer an exciting and flexible role.
The successful candidate will help provide assurance and advice to ADIs, superannuation funds, asset management companies, and insurance providers, and will work directly with our FS partner and manager group. The services provided by our external audit team include external audit, regulatory compliance, and accounting advice, and in non-peak periods you will have some capacity to work on other non-FS external audits, or FS internal audits if you prefer.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting the FS partners and managers to scope, execute and report on a variety of external audits within our FS portfolio;
- Leading teams through these external audits as the key point of contact for our clients;
- Assisting clients in understanding and responding to regulatory changes within the FS industry; and
- Working to help us further grow our team through mentoring and support of our junior team members, and supporting the manager and partner team with business development initiatives
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience or a desire to work with clients within the FS industry;
- Prior exposure to external audit, with approximately 3-5+ years' experience. Additional exposure to internal audit is not necessary, but will be highly regarded;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven experience building and maintaining strong relationships with teams and clients;
- Agile team player who is comfortable with working flexibly across a variety of different assignments; and
- Strong time-management and prioritisation skills.
Why PwC Brisbane?
Working for Australia's largest professional services firm you'll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our FS team in Queensland works with a variety of clients within the FS industry in Brisbane and regional Queensland, providing external audit, internal audit, risk and regulatory advice and a variety of other consulting and assurance services. We are an expanding business providing opportunities to our people to challenge themselves and develop their specialist knowledge of this industry.
Our culture and benefits are why we're LinkedIn's number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too - you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Up for a challenge? We're committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn't go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now.
Andy Maddison is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all .
We welcome the opportunity to speak to candidates about our value proposition and recognition and reward approach. The minimum full time salary for this role is $80,000 including 9.5% Superannuation, however will be determined based on the skills and experience that the candidate brings. #LI-PWCLMT Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 40% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date