- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Full time
Finance OfficerThe opportunity
We currently have a unique full time open term opportunity for a Finance Officer to join QIC's Corporate Finance team in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager - Financial Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payment processing across a variety of accounts and activities. You will contribute to the Corporate Accounting team with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Review of Accounts Payable and Corporate Credit card transactions for quality control, including GST and FBT coding
- Compliance reporting to Senior Management
- Administration of expense management system
- Administration of corporate credit cards
- Financial operations end of month deliverables for UK entity
- Minimal data entry of accounts payable invoices and credit notes
- Resolving accounts payable enquiries
- General ledger transaction processing
The ideal candidate
This is an opportunity to join a high calibre team and contribute to the success of QIC's diverse investment capabilities. This role will fine-tune your existing skill set as it develops your taxation knowledge in relation to travel and fringe benefits tax, encourages initiative and continuous improvement skills, and refines your communication skills.
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have:
- Secondary education completed to a satisfactory level
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing corporate credit card transactions
- At least five years' experience in high volume end to end accounts payable processing (within a finance / professional services organisation or similar would be desirable)
- Experience with a Tier 1 or mid-tier computerised accounting package
- Intermediate Excel skills
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures, including month-end deliverables
- Appreciation of taxation concepts, including GST and FBT
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing requirements.
- Experience with Oracle or Technology One Financials and expense management systems (eg.Concur) will be looked highly upon.
QIC Limited (QIC) is a leading global alternatives investment provider for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors. QIC delivers services to over 110 like-minded institutional investors in Australia and internationally with more than A$85.5 billion (31 January 2018) in funds under management.
Spanning fixed interest and liquid strategies, infrastructure, real estate, private capital and multi-asset solutions, QIC adapts its approach to suit the investor and the investment context.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation - one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.