Manager - Internal Audit & Risk Assurance
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 17 Nov 17
See job description for details
- Join a Big Four, diverse and industry leading team
- Work with prestigious clients and projects
- Leading edge culture, including flexible working arrangements
KPMG's Risk Assurance practice is a market leader in providing excellence in enterprise governance, risk management and control services. Our Risk Assurance team helps leading public and private sector organisations establish or transform their internal audit and risk management functions from a traditional, transactions-based approach into one that can deliver strategic business value.
We have an opening for a Manager to partner with our clients in delivering strategic, value-added internal audit and risk management services. We're looking for a talented individual who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Your new role
You'll play a key role in delivering a range of services across our public and private sector clients in areas such as Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, Contract Compliance, Controls Transformation, Corporate Governance and Project Risk. Your role will see you:
- Scoping and delivering a variety of internal audit and advisory projects
- Managing a portfolio of engagements that consistently achieve specific revenue and profit objectives and deliver quality outcomes for clients
- Providing technical knowledge, direction and training to people through day-to-day management of teams on engagements
- Focus on business development through maintaining strong relationships with clients during and post engagements and building professional networks
- Develop a deep understanding KPMG's broad service offerings to identify opportunities to meet our clients' needs
- Contributing to the development of compelling and differentiated value propositions in opportunity pursuits
Preferred experience includes working in and / or managing internal audit functions / engagements in large complex organisations. Qualifications, experience and attributes for this role include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Relevant post-graduate professional qualifications such as Chartered Accountant / Certified Practicing Accountant, and Certified Internal Auditor
- Solid Internal Audit and Risk Consulting experience within a professional services firm or industry
- An ability to lead, inspire and mentor staff
- Sound ability to analyse information quickly using innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Highly developed report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prepare business development material, including proposals, case studies and other industry / sector specific material
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 10 Nov 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 09 Dec 2017 E. Australia Standard Time