Senior Consultant/Manager - People & Change Consulting
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Part time
- KPMG Australia
- 19 Oct 17
See job description for details
- Work on diverse transformational programs
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- We'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies from day one
KPMG's People and Change (P&C) Team drives successful outcomes for clients with significant Transformation agendas. Since our creation we have built a talented, high performing team with broad Change Management, Organisation Design, Talent Management and HR Optimisation capability that sees us working with clients across a diverse range of sectors, including varying levels of Local, State and Federal Government.
As a member of the KPMG P&C team, you can count on working on diverse projects and interesting client engagements from day one. You can also count on a team culture that's high quality and high care when it comes to your career development.
Future opportunities are anticipated in our Brisbane operation that will focus on all aspects of leading business improvement projects and programs to support our clients. We are interested in connecting with HR and program leadership professionals who specialise in Change Management and Project Management and the delivery of broader HR services.
Your new role
A role in our P&C team could see you:
- Planning and delivering projects using our contemporary P&C methodologies while taking into account scope, budget, time, quality, stakeholders, risks and issues
- Supporting the delivery of transformational programs across business and IT domains in the role of change manager using our Behavioural Change Management methodology
- Managing resistance to change while effectively maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Supporting the delivery of transformational programs across business and IT domains in the role of project manager using our Organisation Design for Performance methodology
- Educating, mentoring and coaching clients in the concepts of behavioural change management and organisational design
- Managing risks and issues, while being able to distinguish between manageable issues and those that need to be escalated
- Supporting either the Program Level Director or Stream level Project Managers on the delivery of projects, taking into account the stream priorities and overall project priorities
- Supporting the delivery of program streams using an Agile delivery methodology
- Utilising existing relationships and networks to create business opportunities for KPMG within varying sectors and converting these opportunities into work that supports our clients achievement of their transformational goals
- Engage as part of our national P&C team to ensure we continue bringing leading practice knowledge and experience to the market
Working as a team member within a bid team to produce winning proposals
We're interested in people that are accomplished team players, able to work effectively as part of a wider KPMG and client team, as well as delegate duties and provide supervision to junior staff. Your passion for all things people related and achieving great results will be backed by the following mandatory or desirable attributes and experience:
- A Tertiary qualification, ideally in Business, Human Resources, Management or Organisational Psychology
- Demonstrable experience delivering transformation programs, running concurrent smaller projects (5-15 people) or in delivering project streams for large scale change programs
- Preferably experience and accreditation in the delivery of projects using project / program methodologies
- Preferably strong consulting and industry experience with cross sector knowledge and capabilities, focus on all levels of Government, Transport and Financial Services sectors
- A proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues
Highly developed communication and reporting skills
- The ability to support the growth and development of the Brisbane P&C team including coaching and mentoring of junior project team members
- Due to the nature of consulting work, candidates must also be open to travel interstate
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
To register your interest please submit your confidential application online
Advertised: 21 Sep 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Oct 2017 E. Australia Standard Time