Senior Consultant - Internal Audit & Risk Assurance
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Part time
- KPMG Australia
- 20 Mar 18
See job description for details
- Join a Big Four, diverse and industry leading team
- Work with prestigious clients and projects
- Leading edge culture, including flexible working arrangements
A key component of KPMG's Risk Assurance practice is our Internal Audit Team, who work with Boards, Client Executives and operational management to achieve optimal governance, risk and control environments that support our clients strategic and operational priorities.
Our roles provide opportunities to work with a variety of corporate, international, local, State and Federal Infrastructure, Government and Health organisations. Risk Assurance delivers a range of services across these sectors in the areas of Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Controls Transformation, Corporate Governance and Major Project Advisory.
Your new role
As a Senior Consultant, you will work closely with senior management to deliver a range of engagements. You will work closely with our clients, delegating to and supervising more junior team members while being involved in projects that enhance your understanding of wider business issues. Your role will include:
- Overall scoping, executing and delivery on a variety of internal audits as well as risk assurance projects
- Interacting with clients and stakeholders to deliver tailored solutions on a variety of internal audit and risk assurance projects
- Maintaining and developing good relationships with clients as well as identifying future opportunities
- Working within a high performing team environment whilst coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Recent experience in an internal audit or risk associated role
- A tertiary qualification, post-grad qualifications such as CIA/CPA/CA will be viewed favourably
- An ability to lead and mentor staff
- Strong ability to analyse information quickly using innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Highly developed report writing and communication skills and an ability to present to senior stakeholders
What we offer you
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 02 Mar 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Apr 2018 E. Australia Standard Time