Software Development Manager
We are looking for a seasoned Software Development Manager to join a team centred on technology for Amazon's niche logistics businesses, and innovations in that space.
As the development manager of a team focused on both a proven system and new innovations, you will have technical ownership across both existing and new systems. You will work directly with product managers, user experience designers, operational experts, and business leaders to define and build features that will delight customers worldwide. You will work with intelligent and creative engineers to implement these features while ensuring high standards of delivery, operational performance and customer focus.
We have a culture focused on building the right solutions for our customers, and having fun while doing it. If our business, culture, and love for technology sound like they might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you.
This role is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Amazon.com is an equal opportunity employer. Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• At least five years of relevant work experience in an internet-related software applications environment
• At least three years of experience managing technical staff
• Demonstrated success hiring and developing technical talent
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong business and technical vision
• Experience promoting inclusive work environments Preferred Qualifications
• Prior experience as a software developer
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platforms
• Experience applying InfoSec best practices
• Experience taking a project from inception through launch. Includes communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and produce technical design