Financial Management & Costing Specialists
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 25 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Help us bring innovation to the way we work and the way we support our clients
- Contribute to our nations prosperity
- Tackle Australia's most interesting and challenging government problems
KPMG's Advisory business partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling 'big data' to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new business opportunity through a merger, acquisition, strategic alliance or other transaction.
We currently have multiple opportunities for ambitious and self-motivated Finance professionals who are looking to further their career in management consulting and join KPMG's growing Canberra business. You'll work across varied projects and with capable individuals to perform a range of the below activities:
- Undertaking cost estimation and cost assurance projects;
- Costing of business cases and new policy proposals;
- Activity Based Costing and/or cost recovery/attribution projects;
- Costing and reporting on the activities performed within an organisation;
- Financial and pricing aspects of large government procurement processes;
- Implementation of effective and efficient costing software;
- You may be driving costing projects autonomously, so you will be able to seek out the information from stakeholders yourself;
- Writing board papers, reports, proposals and tenders.
We believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are looking for people with a passion for and / or experience in the following areas:
- Relevant experience of formal estimating or costing advisory services;
- Bachelor's degree or higher qualification, preferably in Engineering or Accounting;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Proven ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels;
- Effective analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to work with detailed plans and specifications;
- Intermediate/Advanced Computer Skills & Knowledge including estimating software
- Knowledge of other commonly used software packages is expected (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Ability to understand and interpret contract and post-contract documentation (including legal documentation and specifications).
Supporting your experience tertiary qualifications in a related discipline are highly advantageous. You should also be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGN0UlW4qSY&t Flexibility empowers wellbeing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIQ4NcSrtc0 Flexibility enables contribution to the community
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNUocj6_yV4&t Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Jmb-D1QXU&t Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary !
Advertised: 19 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time