Government CFO Advisory Specialists
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 22 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Help us bring innovation to the way we work and the way we support our clients
- Contribute to our nations prosperity
- Tackle Australia's most interesting and challenging government problems
KPMG's Advisory business partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling 'big data' to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new business opportunity through a merger, acquisition, strategic alliance or other transaction.
We currently have multiple opportunities for ambitious and self-motivated Finance professionals who are looking to further their career in CFO advisory and join KPMG's growing Canberra business. You'll work across varied projects and with capable individuals to perform a range of the below activities:
- Financial and regulatory reporting
- Budget development and estimate preparation
- Technical accounting advice on new policies, business cases and infrastructure projects
- Interpreting international accounting standards for the public sector
- Automation of financial processes
- Advising CFOs on financial frameworks and governance
- Financial data analytics
- Functional and efficiency reviews
- Integrated business reporting
- Writing board papers, reports, proposals and tenders.
- Bachelor's degree or higher qualification, preferably in Finance, Accounting and/or technology.
- CA, CPA or working towards
- Experience in accounting within the public sector or advisory firms
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with government financial systems is desirable
- Advanced Excel and / or coding skills is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Security clearance, or ability to obtain one
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGN0UlW4qSY&t Flexibility empowers wellbeing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIQ4NcSrtc0 Flexibility enables contribution to the community
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNUocj6_yV4&t Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Jmb-D1QXU&t Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary !
Advertised: 19 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time