KPMG - Engineering Opportunities
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Nov 17
See job description for detailsKPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms.
As an organisation our strategy focuses on engaging as one with valued clients to further our trusted relationships through passionate commitment to their success. As individuals we work with a core set of common values that drive our attitudes, words, and actions every day. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
We are seeking qualified people who will bring extensive experience of Engineering gained within a relevant industry sector to join the Engineering and Asset Management (E&AM) team. Our Engineering team assists government and private sector clients to manage the development, acquisition and sustainment of their major assets. We have a well-established Defence engineering advisory practice, and are rapidly expanding into adjacent sectors, especially oil and gas, mining and resources, power and utilities, and transport sectors.
Potential candidates will therefore have systems engineering experience and knowledge in:
- Electronic systems, especially communication and sensor systems;
- Maritime systems and naval architecture;
- Aerospace systems;
- Vehicle systems, especially military vehicle systems.
- Modelling and simulation
- Test and Evaluation and asset commissioning
- Software Engineering
- Configuration Management
- Regulatory Certification
- Reliability Engineering
- Safety Engineering
- Human Factors Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering and Optimisation
- Logistics and supply chains
- Contractor and supplier management
- Highly developed communications, collaboration and problem solving skills, and a track record of achieving of results;
- Knowledge of pertinent technology, and can apply systems thinking to describe a requirement without prematurely closing off design innovation;
- Experience in working with relevant Defence and industry standards, and the applicable technical regulatory frameworks to ensure safe and suitable outcomes; and
- Tertiary qualification(s) in engineering, or equivalent qualifications and experience as recognised by Engineers Australia.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognized as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. If you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 07 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 08 Dec 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time