Manager - Tax and Accounting
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 21 Oct 17
See job description for details
- Manage a diverse mid-market and government client portfolio
- Training, development and career opportunities including secondments
- Collaborative, people-focused and inclusive team culture
From family groups to high net-wealth individuals and entrepreneurs to State and Federal Government, our Enterprise team are trusted advisors with specialist services in Audit and Assurance, Tax, Accounting and Advisory. With continued growth, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Manager to join our Tax & Accounting practice in Canberra.
Your new role: Taking a hands-on, in depth approach to consulting with clients across both government and middle market sectors, this role will see you:
- Manage a client portfolio and the delivery of engagements, including building and maintaining client relationships, managing engagement teams and ensuring client deliverables are achieved to a high standard
- Manage the delivery of essential compliance services including complex financial statements, income tax and FBT returns
- Train, coach and mentor other less experienced team members and support their continued professional growth within KPMG
- Contribute to the operations of an engagement including WIP, debtors, overruns, resourcing and fee proposals
- Hands on experience with private, middle market or government clients gained in another professional services or similar environment
- Excellent tax and accounting technical capabilities gained through the relevant qualifications (completion of CA or CPA)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to build trusting client relationships
- Experience in managing a small team including training and development
- A commercial mindset with experience in taking ownership of the delivery of engagements
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online including your resume and cover letter. For further information, please contact Jessica on 02 9455 9871.
Advertised: 21 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time