Senior Consultant or Manager - Forensic Risk
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 23 Mar 18
See job description for details
- Develop your investigations career in a consulting role
- Investigate matters from fraud to serious misconduct, bribery and regulatory enquiries
- Strong investigations and/or policing experience highly desirable
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced professional to join our Forensic practice in Canberra as a Senior Consultant or Manager (depending on experience).
Your new role:
- Coordinate and help lead multiple client engagements including regular client communication, assessing and analysing evidence, delivering investigative outcomes to the client and supervising a small professional team
- Conduct witness, suspect and fact finding interviews in both the lead and support role
- Facilitate fraud risk management workshops and chair meetings with client senior management, assessing the fraud & control landscape and offering recommendations for weaknesses identified
- Prepare and deliver presentations and fraud awareness training materials to clients on engagements
- Provide on the job training and mentoring to junior staff, and contribute to team networking, innovation and thought leadership publications
- Experience in a similar investigative role with a regulatory/law enforcement agency, an in-house investigation team or large consulting firm
- Experience in interviewing and report writing
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle complex and confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to review and articulate detailed findings in both written and oral presentations for a variety of audiences
- Proven leadership, people and stakeholder management capabilities if applying for a Manager role
- Certificate IV Government (Investigations) or similar (which may include policing experience) is highly desirable
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online. For additional information or to discuss this role confidentially, please contact Jessica on 02 9455 9871. Please note, to be eligible for this role, you must hold Australian Citizenship in order to obtain the security clearances required with our client work.
Advertised: 07 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 07 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time