Senior Technical Account Manager - Come Build with Us
Do you have a technical background and looking for a flexible role where you can help businesses scale in the cloud?
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help millions of businesses scale and grow.
As a trusted advisor you'll have a direct impact in helping our customers gain the most value from cloud technology. You'll craft and execute strategies to drive our customers' adoption and use of AWS services. Our Technical Account Managers (TAMs) partner with some of the most iconic businesses in the country. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch through to large enterprises going through significant transformation.
You'll provide advice on architecture, support strategy, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues. In this senior role, you will have an opportunity to impact organization wide processes and roadmaps, directly influencing how customers are use AWS in the long term.
Watch a short video about life in our Enterprise Support team here https://bit.ly/2kiEESE
• Enable C-suite executives to embrace agility and deliver high impact transformation
• Lead and sponsor customer enablement programs that uplift our customer's capabilities
• Communicate transformational concepts to executive decision makers
• Own and define the technical strategy including establishing metrics, governance forums etc.
• Build solutions, provide technical guidance and advocate for the customer
• Ensure AWS environments remain operationally healthy whilst reducing cost and complexity
• Foster trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges
• Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you'll drive technical discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
• Collaborate with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
• Being part of a wider Enterprise Support team you'll provide post-sales, consultative expertise
• With a bias for action, you'll proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
Longer term, you will have the chance to further develop your technical, consulting and leadership skills as we continue to grow the team. You'll develop your knowledge of AWS services, have the opportunity to gain further certifications as well as receive mentorship.
Our TAMs work autonomously with a focus on customer outcomes. You'll spend time between the office and customer sites as well as have the opportunity to work from home.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities. Basic Qualifications
• Experience in a similar role as a Technical Account Manager, Consultant, Solutions Architect, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect, Service Delivery Manager etc.
• Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for a combination of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
• Ability to juggle tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
• Customer obsession Preferred Qualifications
• Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc or equivalent training
• Programming or scripting skills with a combination of Java, Python Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP
• Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Developer, DevOps Engineer etc.
• Understanding of DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration / Deployment, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef etc.
As an equal opportunity employer we embrace diversity and inclusion at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? We'd love to hear from you.