Technical Business Analyst - Solution 49x, Management Consulting
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 23 Sep 17
See job description for detailsSolution 49˟ uses a human-centred design approach to enhance decision-making in all its myriad sizes, scopes, structure and forms. Through our focus on decision-making, we help our clients deliver their customer engagement and operational strategies. We do this by conceiving and implementing intelligent systems, architectures, processes and new operating models. We design, develop and deploy solutions that digitise and automate clients' decision making processes. Our work embeds artificial intelligence, machine-based learning, cognitive computing, advanced analytics, probabilistic reasoning and deterministic business rules management into core processes and functions within client organisations.
Our team includes a broad spectrum of skills from strategists to statisticians, scientists to software developers, anthropologists to behavioural economists and our dogs (and the other parts of life that make us real, rounded 'humans'). We're proud of our diversity and deeply believe this is the key to our innovation and success.
Your new role
The Technical Business Analyst will consult on client projects, translating client requirements into technical requirements and recommend a solutions that will typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes. You will work proactively to:
- Plan, prepare and perform investigative interviewing to elicit stakeholder requirements, motivations and points of views.
- Provide business expertise in defining, validating and delivering business requirements that inform solution design.
- Define current and future operational scenarios covering processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions.
- Undertake methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based.
- Identify and define requirements for the use of technology to improve any aspect of business processes and systems and quantification of potential business benefits.
- Document business and technical requirements in way that guides the definition of technology solutions.
- Effectively communicate and document business and IT information in line with agreed processes and procedures.
- Work with the client and technical solution architect to ensure the correct translation of business requirements into solution requirements.
- Act as liaison and participate in defining technology solutions to solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems with transformative implications.
- Develop and deliver clear and articulate, audience appropriate, presentations of findings and recommendations ensuring the presentations is persuasive and a captivating story with suitable theme.
- Document work results in a comprehensive, coherent manner using professional business writing skills.
- A sound understanding of digital and cognitive technologies, analytics, information management and business process based solutions.
- An appreciation for the impact that digital and cognitive technologies will have on the people, process and culture of an organisation.
- The ability to think conceptually in a pragmatic way and understand the changing technology landscape.
- Proven ability to translate client requirements into technical requirements and recommend a solution that will typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes.
- Proven ability to work with the client and a technical solution architect to ensure the correct translation of business requirements into solution requirements.
- Experience working within complex client environments across a range of industries and sectors.
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and visual design communication skills.
- Strong active listening skills and a desire to continuously learn.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 09 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time