APAC Channel Marketing Senior Associate
- Competitive Salary
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Northern Trust Asset Management's global marketing strategy is evolving, our team is growing – and we’re looking for individuals interested in growing with us. We are seeking passionate and results-driven individuals to play a critical role in driving brand awareness and product adoption through targeted marketing strategies.
Who we are
As a leading global asset management firm, our investment expertise, strength and innovation have earned the trust and confidence of the world’s most sophisticated institutional and individual investors. With our long-standing history of solving complex investment challenges, we believe our strength and stability drive opportunities for our clients. Our comprehensive asset class offering includes passive, quantitative active, fundamental active and multi-asset class solutions that are available in a variety of global investment vehicles.
Northern Trust Asset Management's global marketing strategy is evolving, our team is growing – and we’re looking for individuals interested in growing with us. We are seeking passionate and results-driven individuals to play a critical role in driving brand awareness and product adoption through targeted marketing strategies. This proactive, energetic team member should value collaboration and think both strategically and tactically. If you are a critical-thinker who enjoys being part of a team driving new initiatives that help grow the business, we encourage you to apply.
What we seek
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) Channel Marketing Senior Associate is a key role, serving as the channel marketing expert and advocate with the aim of expanding and deepening the relationship with clients and prospects. This role will act as an active business partner to this channel and proactively lead the development, direction and execution of the overall marketing strategy to position and promote our asset management capabilities.
As a strategic business partner working in close collaboration with our internal partners, the Channel Marketing Senior Associate will work with the marketing team to build, drive and implement plans to improve awareness of our investment capabilities and ensure they remain top of mind. They will also preempt the needs of the channels – developing a fresh content and communications strategy in response to their evolving needs and the market environment.
The candidate is expected to bring regional knowledge of and experience in working with different investor-types, various investment strategies and multiple marketing disciplines including product positioning, communications, campaign development, thought leadership, and insight development.
What you will do
- Lead the development of marketing strategies to both improve awareness and adoption of our capabilities across the APAC region; specifically with superannuation funds, sovereign wealth funds, corporations and financial intermediaries.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to achieve business and channel objectives, while effectively managing brand and reputational risk. Oversees planning, development and execution of short and long range goals for the channel.
- Partner with relevant sales, investment and marketing stakeholders across the firm to establish priorities, align work objectives, and execute marketing plans (and report on marketing effectiveness).
- Leverage internal and external sources to gather product, channel and competitor insights with the goal of providing recommendations to drive distribution and market share.
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends and industry developments specific to the business area.
- Create targeted messaging outreach to support the business and continually build the brand.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in proactively recommending and implementing marketing solutions.
- Analyze costs impacting marketing decisions and other related issues to develop cost effective solutions to reach specific audiences.
- Present marketing measurement results to management. Monitor consistency of agreed upon tracking methodology. Understand parameters of a successful campaign, relevant analytics, and ensure desired results are measurable and tell a compelling story.
- Communicate progress, issues, and solutions to senior management to obtain input and buy-in. Provide written and verbal communication to many different audiences on status of marketing efforts.
- Work with PR/corporate communications to ensure channel alignment and implementation of messages in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure all channel-related budgets are approved by the Global Head of Channel Marketing and that the allotted budget is then managed effectively.
- Self-motivation and drive, with the desire for a steep learning curve in a creative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Completion of, or working toward an MBA, CFA or investment certification is preferred.
- 5-10 years of marketing or sales experience in the investment management industry.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Confident grasp of the investment landscape including capital markets and the different asset classes.
- Solid organization navigation skills, including experience operating within global management units.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and ability to learn new concepts quickly and, complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $139 billion in banking assets
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $10.7 trillion in assets under custody / administration
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here.
The closing date to apply for this role is 7th May 2016 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.