A hands on technology position with the aim of providing exceptional customer experience across our AWS Cloud Technology platform.
Overview It is an exciting time to be joining Cbus, as we undergo an Enterprise level technical internal transformation programme. This will revolutionise the way Cbus interacts with our members, and cement our place as a market leader in customer experience through technology. As a part of our technology landscape, our cloud solution is based on AWS and we are looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer to join us and optimise our Cloud offering. Accountability
You will be primarily accountable for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of our AWS Cloud Platform and Infrastructure solutions. This includes End to End delivery of the prioritised pipeline of Platform & Infrastructure initiatives and enhancements. Accountability Details
- Maintain AWS cloud infrastructure in optimal configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives.
- Makes effective use of CloudWatch to monitor EC2 performance and setup trigger-based alerts.
- Reference EC2 security groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues between EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Provision EC2 instances end-to-end. This requires knowledge of instance families, EBS, VPC, security groups, and tags.
- Make appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
- Identify issues and inconsistencies through the AWS console and proactively work to correct them.
- Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud-based computing environments.
- Work closely with product teams to design systems that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements.
- Maintain and create system documentation
We are looking for enthusiastic technology ambassadors, who wish to work with the latest in technology. You should have a customer focus, as Cbus aims to optimise customer experience through our investment in our technology suite.
You will have:
- Strong AWS background from a technical and functional perspective.
- Automation experience with CloudFormation, AWS CLI or Ansible.
- DevOps in a cloud environment experience.
- Strong demonstrated experience and expertise programming in Java, J2EE, Spring boot, Spring, Hibernate other similar technologies
- Docker or Kubernetes is preferred experience.
- Create and utilise AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Designing and building of AWS Services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS etc.
- Linux and Windows Server system administration.
- Strong experience of Container technologies such as Docker.
- RESTful or SOAP based web services.
Cbus supports gender diversity and diversity of thought across our organisation. We promote and support an inclusive, flexible and collaborative culture that respects the differences of our diverse workforce. Behaviours that are not in line with our policies and practices around values, diversity, respect, EEO, OHS and flexibility are not tolerated, and we encourage staff to actively participate in supporting and advocating for our culture to support that diversity;
All Cbus Managers and staff are responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy work environment;
Cbus has a smoke free workplace policy. 2 Lonsdale Street has a smoke free building policy;
The successful applicant will be employed pursuant to the United Super Collective Bargaining Agreement 2017 or any agreement which replaces it;
The preferred applicant (s), if not already an employee(s) of Cbus, will be required to complete a ‘National Police History Check application form’ so that a Police Certificate can be issued to Cbus. This report will also cover multiple jurisdictions if the candidate has worked overseas for a period of longer than 12 months. Any offer of employment is conditional on Cbus being satisfied as to the results of the police check. Cbus will pay for any expenses incurred;
This position is located at Level 28, 2 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
This is a full-time position; however flexible working arrangements can be requested.
This description is indicative of the range of job requirements and accurately reflects the requirements of the role at the time of writing. Due to the nature of the work environment changes may occur to this role over time.