A career that gives you more
Seeking a motivated, self-starter Analyst Engineer to provide Java development and support capability within the NAB Payments Integration team; one of the pillars of NAB's product functions, and an area of significant strategic focus. Responsibilities:
What you will bring:
- Analyse, design, implement features that
- Enhance the business or customer experience.
- Automate technology operational processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support - the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments application approximately 1 week out of every 4.
Your new team
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Passion for high quality software development, ideally using Java
- Exposure to build and automation tools (E.g. Ant, Gradle, Jenkins, Jython/Python)
- Experience with the following preferred: Java 8+, J2EE, MDB, Spring Boot, Angular 4+, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), Webservices (REST/SOAP), Apache Camel, Docker, SCM (Git), BDD (JBehave/Cucumber), & Unit Testing (Junit, Mockito, JMockit).
- Exposure to microservice and messaging/eventing patterns
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, including cloud hosting, but an over-riding desire to write code.
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
10 Dec 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time