With a mandate to broaden their private equity capability, our client is looking for an Analyst/Associate to join their team in the Melbourne office.
This role will report to the Head of Private Equity and supporting the PE team in implementing and managing the investment activities within the asset class. Your responsibilities will include contributing to the delivery of high-quality investment committee papers and materials, research outputs and portfolio monitoring. You will assist with deal sourcing and opportunity mapping/research of private equity managers and investments; drafting of Board papers for PE matters in a timely manner; undertaking quantitative due diligence on fund and co-investment opportunities under the guidance of senior team members; participating in qualitative, on-site due diligence on global fund; and potentially exploring co-investment opportunities.
Key attributes for the successful candidate will include:
• Strong knowledge and understanding of transactions across the full investment lifecycle
• Ability to identify key themes to source attractive investment opportunities
• Energetic with ability to work cohesively within the investment team
• A curious mindset with a solid knowledge of financial and operational concepts including valuation theory
• Sophisticated financial modelling capability
• High energy, deep curiosity and a natural skepticism
• Resourceful and efficient researching methodology
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Relevant tertiary qualifications within Business, Finance, Economics, Commerce or Law. Postgraduate qualification such as CFA program would be well regarded.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be involved in the early stages and development of the Private Equity team within a well-regarded investment team. You will ideally have at least 3 years’ experience within corporate finance, transaction services, funds management or investment banking with exposure to private equity managers and/or transactions.
Initial enquiries in strictest confidence to Michael Lee at Jon Michel Executive Search via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9653 8620
Applicants must have full working rights in place for Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
JON MICHEL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors. The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, insurance companies, private equity firms, stockbrokers, private equity backed companies & sophisticated investor groups, professional firms, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
Areas of Specialisation
Corporate & Investment Banking | Advisory | Global Markets | Risk Management
Funds Management & Alternative Investments
Corporates & Government
Executive Management – C-Suite
Marketing & Communications