Architect - Security
About the role.
We're looking for an experienced Security Architect to lead Nab's Identity & Access Management service architecture. The role provides technical direction and leadership across the service and technology lifecycle, defining target state architecture and associated roadmaps, and establishing standards and architectural governance for the service in consultation with service owner and delivery teams.
This is a lead role requiring strong Identity & Access Management experience, thought leadership, strategic thinking and effective communication to both technical and business stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Define target state for service and associated capability uplift roadmaps
- Develop and maintain re-usable service integration patterns, including relationships with security risk and control framework for consumption by the broader security and solution architecture practice
- Maintain a service architecture representation, aligning to broader architecture governance, processes and templates
- Maintain API catalogue, event model and data model and risks
- Lead architecture delivery across Enterprise Security transformation program and projects aligned to service
- Identify security threats, define security controls, quantify and qualify risks to ensure security risks are managed in line with bank risk management practices
- Represent service in enterprise architecture governance forums including technology architecture forums
- Contribute to Security Architecture practice development and uplift to improve risk management across the bank and increase self-service and delivery velocity
- Document, socialise and present outcomes of key decisions to stakeholders and architecture governance forums
- Stay abreast of new security technologies, trends and developments
- Coach and mentor junior Security Architects
- Deep Identity & Access Management domain knowledge, business acumen and commercial mindset to define target state architecture, development standards and patterns that adhere to architecture principles, blueprints and technology roadmaps
- Experience architecting and designing cloud native solutions using modern digital development practices
- Extensive experience working within cross-functional, agile or continuous delivery teams.
- Extensive experience of security architecture and design within large complex environments
- Understanding of banking and finance, including industry trends and technology adoption
- Knowledge of, and experience in technology governance, including industry frameworks such as NIST, SABSA, ITIL and COBIT and relevant Australian and international standards
- Awareness of legislative and regulatory requirements relating to banking and finance technology
- Understanding of current and emerging security threats, relevant security solutions, and limitations of such solutions
- Influencing skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, convey ideas clearly and with passion
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $70 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
16 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time