Associate Advisor/Junior Financial Advisor
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) provides Wealth Management services to individual and corporate clients investing in both domestic and international markets across key asset classes, and broader services including financial planning, margin lending and managed funds investments.
The Associate Advisor / Junior Financial Advisor (FA) partners with an established Financial Advisor or team of Financial Advisors and is responsible for marketing of domestic and international securities products to an existing client base of high net worth individuals; building market share for MSWM while enhancing the company’s reputation in the provision of services by utilising a well-rounded knowledge base of domestic and international products; and identifying opportunities for clients both within MSWM and across other areas of the company.
The purpose of the Associate / Junior Financial Advisor role is to:
- Create high-quality, organically grown talent that will become a future Financial Advisor
- Provide enhanced quality service to existing clients leading to increased revenue
• Assist Financial Advisor in expanding their client base
• Research and analyze investment ideas
• Monitor events in the market place
• Analyze investment opportunities based on client profiles and wealth management strategy requirements
• Develop and prepare marketing presentations that address equity, fixed interest, managed funds, asset allocation and any other discipline that the Financial Advisor teams require.
• In conjunction with Financial Advisors develop a strong network of potential clients through direct contact, referral and other marketing techniques
• In conjunction with Financial Advisors, effectively analyze and manage client portfolios within changing global economic environments and in line with the client risks and objectives
• Build a network within the Company and maintain positive and productive team relationships
Initial core expectation is to develop a full understanding of the Morgan Stanley product range and the investment management process while adding value to the Financial Advisor’s business by identifying ways to optimize existing client base, diversify revenue streams, and deepen client relationships.
Future expectation is to contribute to the sales, marketing and client development of the team while beginning to grow a strong client base and generate revenue under the mentorship of the Financial Advisor.
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Code of Conduct.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• Well-developed IT literacy, database and analytical skills.
• Goal-oriented with demonstrated drive and initiative.
• Understanding of financial markets and the financial planning industry.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• RG146 compliant desirable.
• Financial Planning accreditation highly desirable.
• Synthetic Series 7 registration highly desirable for undertaking international business.
• ASX Derivatives accreditation – Level 1 derivatives registration desired to deal and advise in relation to warrants and options.
• An undergraduate degree from top tier universities, preferably with a degree in Finance, Business or Economics.
• Experience as a Client Service Associate or with clear sales and investment management-related skills and interest
• Continuing professional development as required.