Associate Director - CFO Advisory
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 19 Mar 18
See job description for details
- Expand your career within a reputable national consulting team
- Continue building your talent in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Provide expertise to clients in treasury functions and derivative hedging transactions
Our CFO Advisory practice leverages the firm-wide expertise in financial management to support senior executives and treasury functions develop organisational capability to meet the challenges of a complex and evolving business environment. Within CFO Advisory, we have a dedicated team providing derivative advisory services to clients with complex derivative structures on valuation and accounting related issues.
Joining our Derivative Advisory team, your role will cover:
- Derivative transaction related valuation and accounting advice
- Financial risk modelling and hedge strategy analysis
- Derivative pricing, risk analysis and hedge accounting support
- Treasury and financial risk policy development
- Financial management support
- Working with a diverse client portfolio including ASX listed groups, government enterprises and MNCs to provide derivative related advisory services in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Managing the delivery of implementation on derivative related projects including valuation services, technical accounting support, financial modelling and analysis, project management and implementation of hedge accounting frameworks
- Building and maintaining key client relationships, identifying opportunities and developing business growth initiatives
- Leading and implementing projects including deliverables, drafting reports and presentations, liaising with senior leadership
- CA/equivalent qualifications
- Strong experience in a treasury accounting or advisory in Professional Services or industry
- Proven track record in valuing interest rate, foreign exchange and commodity derivatives and / or technical background in implementing or providing quality assurance over hedge accounting processes
- A detailed understanding of treasury and derivative accounting environments with strong commercial acumen
- Superior problem solving, analytical mindset, project management and communication skills
- Excellent client service skills, the ability to work in a diverse team and experience in building effective client relationships
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online. For further information, please contact Jessica on 02 9455 9871.
Advertised: 23 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time