Associate Director Divisional Controls - Remote
You & your new role
- Provide risk and control specialist guidance and assurance, 2 positions available
- Progressive & agile culture
- We embrace diversity & inclusion at our core
You are a risk professional with risk management experience, ideally within regulated environments that have changing priorities. You will have a thorough knowledge of risk management and compliance disciplines and see you reporting to the Head of Divisional Controls. You will be working in a high performing team, supporting the business in its execution of risk management accountabilities that takes a practical approach to problem-solving with strong commercial acumen. Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities. Your Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in risk management and regulatory compliance
- Experience in core banking processes that are subject to high levels of regulation
- Strong knowledge of risk management and compliance disciplines
- Proven ability to perform in a team environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Practical approach to solving issues with strong commercial acumen
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Tertiary qualification in a business-related discipline
- Post Graduate qualification desirable
You will play a critical role in driving risk assurance awareness, understanding and change to create a centre of excellence for controls, including the uplift of NAB's controls infrastructure and a strong focus on PACE (Process Accelerated Control Execution) delivery. A typical day will include:
NAB, invested in you
- Risk and regulatory obligation identification, impact assessment and change within the Division
- Working across Enterprise Operations and the wider Technology & Enterprise Operations as a PACE expert and providing guidance and coaching on PACE associated work.
- Working with the HO, or the business to implement and improve business systems, process and controls to manage the requirements of risks and compliance policies which apply to the business.
- Controls Identification: Working on multiple processes maps to identify controls and to support controls overlay in PACE maps
- Designing controls: assisting in identifying the right key controls to mitigate key risks and obligations applicable to the business and supporting operationalisation of controls.
- Event management including guidance and support to record, manage, report and escalate operational risk and compliance event, understand events and analysis required to identify systemic issues or breakdowns in the control environment.
- Providing business-specific input and context to support and mentor Enterprise Operations and broader Technology & Enterprise Operations when required but not limited to:
- Business insights into assurance reports
- PACE projects
- Remediation action plans to address any design or operating effectiveness gaps.
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits Please note that this role is temporarily listed as "remote" due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
You must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Permanent Residency to apply for this role
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
15 Oct 2020 11:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time Closing:
25 Oct 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time