Our client is one of Australia’s leading and most successful investor/advisors for Greenfield infrastructure. The firm acts as a consortia lead which negotiates with other debt and equity partners to create innovative and competitive bids for infrastructure projects. We are currently assisting this team to hire two Associate Directors in the origination team with one having a focus on PPP origination and the other on strengthening their capability in the debt advisory space within the energy sector.
As part of the Origination team the responsibilities for the roles include:
Associate Director: Debt Advisory
You will drive and assist in building out the Debt Advisory business with a focus on the energy transition segment working closely with Directors and Managing Directors to successfully grow the business.
• Generate client debt advisory mandates executing debt structuring, refinancing, debt raisings, securitisation, project and structured finance
• Assist clients to determine capital funding structures, capital raising and capital management
• Liaise with banks, underwriters, and other debt investors
• Lead and prepare presentations and Debt IMs for banks and investors
• Deal structuring, credit analysis and complex documentation negotiation for debt and capital funding transactions
Associate Director: PPP origination
You will have a particular focus on the development of Greenfield infrastructure projects, platforms and portfolios and contribute to the origination of, and investment in, greenfield and brownfield opportunities.
• Provide support in identifying development opportunities, research and recommendations
• Take an active role in the bidding and financial close, undertaking bid sponsors responsibility for key workstreams including legal, tax, debt and due diligence
• Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee
• Manage the scoping, appointment, and management of work with external consultants/advisers
• Involved in all aspects of the bidding process including project management, negotiation and execution of deals
• Provide leadership and mentoring of junior members
Ideally candidates have experience within the infrastructure, energy or aligned sectors and will be highly numerate with strong financial analysis and financial modelling ability. You will be highly motivated with superior verbal and written communication skills. You will also require a proven track record in financing and structuring transactions, as well as leading and executing deals.
These are exceptional opportunities to join a highly successful and collaborative principal investment team and to be part of their continued success. Your experience may have been gained within investment banking, corporate finance advisory, project finance, debt advisory, funds management or principal investment firms.
All applicants must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for these roles.
Enquiries in strict confidence to:
Melbourne: Michael Lee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (m) 0411 953 238