Associate Technical Account Manager - Come Build with Us
Do you have technical support experience and looking for a role to kick start you cloud career? We're looking for Technical Advisors to help our customers achieve maximum value from the cloud.
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help millions of businesses scale and grow.
As a Trusted Advisor you'll have a direct impact in helping our customers gain the most value from cloud technology. You'll craft and execute strategies to drive our customers' adoption and use of AWS services. Our Technical Account Managers (TAMs) partner with some of the most iconic businesses in the country. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch through to large enterprises going through significant transformation.
You'll provide advice on architecture, support, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues. Watch these short videos about life as a Technical Account Manager (https://bit.ly/2AivWrM) and hear from our ANZ Head of Enterprise Support - Sarah Farrell (https://bit.ly/2Xzct0W).
Responsibilities include: -
• Working alongside Senior TAMs to support Enterprise customers
• Diving Deep to troubleshoot implementation, configuration and migration issues
• Acting as the first point of contact for technical issue escalations
• Proactively addressing issues by understanding customers business needs and technical challenges
• Developing trusting relationships with customers
• Advocating for your customers
• Engaging and Collaborating with a range of stakeholders including Support Engineers, Developers, Solutions Architects, Professional Services Engineers and Account Managers
• Proactively identifying opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
• Preparing Business and Operational reviews
• Assisting with Customer Enablement workshops
There are many opportunities to further develop your technical, consulting and leadership skills through training, certification, and mentorship programs. You will develop your knowledge of AWS services, such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, CloudFront, IoT, AI, ML and many more. In your first 90 days you will receive hands on training to set you up for success!
Our TAMs work autonomously with a focus on customer outcomes. You'll spend time between the office and customer sites as well as have the opportunity to work from home.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities. Basic Qualifications
• Relevant qualifications and / or some experience in a similar role as a Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect, Devops Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Support Engineer etc.
• Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for at least one of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
• Ability to clearly articulate to small groups of technologists Preferred Qualifications
What if I'm not an expert in all qualifications? That's okay here at AWS we have training programs to teach any level. We hire curious people who can dive deep. We're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.