Client Technical Leader - Banking Industry
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Client Technical Leader with the Banking account, you will be providing Technical leadership and direction to C levels to address our clients' strategic business and technology imperatives. In addition to providing leadership, strategy and direction to the IBM internal teams. You will become the trusted technical adviser to the client and be responsible for bringing global thought leadership, helping solve their challenges and innovation to the client. You will be assisting the MD/Account leader and the account leadership team in opportunity identification by developing & articulating proposals. You will act as an integrator of the account technical community during client meetings and internally. You will be responsible for shaping complex, multi-tower deals and driving the solution strategy, with support from the Solutioning team. We are seeking a high caliber individual to cover the breadth of responsibility outlined below. Your Responsibilities:
- Be a trusted advisor to the client, pro-actively educate and guide discussions to win new clients
- Design & articulate an innovative technical strategy/approach/ solution architecture based on your understanding of client's business and technical needs.
- Maintain a strong PoV on relevant global or local technical trends, Industry trends, market landscape on offerings and future growth plays esp related to Hybrid multi-cloud, data and AI.
- Work with the MD/Account Leader and Account team to identify key opportunity areas for the client by baselining their existing technical architecture & comparing with industry best practices
- Assist in sales pitches and enable proactive campaigns to bring forth client capabilities and offerings
- Post qualification: Support Solutioning team to develop & design a winning solutioning strategy
- Engage with key client counterparts as technical strategy/ solution / subject matter expert
- Develop collateral showcasing key technical capabilities, trends and business need implications for client meetings
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As Client Technical Leader, you should be displaying the following skills: Technical skills
Sales & Industry skills
- Deep & significant experience in working with / developing solutions in certain technologies (including technical certifications) and services e.g., Cloud native development, Hybrid/ multi-cloud, DevOps processes and tools, Application migration program, Hyperscaler, RH, Data, AI, open technologies etc.
- Significant experience in leading an IT transformation project in the finance and banking Industry (optional)
- Demonstrated experience to work across cross-functional teams to deliver complex IT solutions
- Demonstrated experience in identification of key opportunity areas with the client by baselining their existing technical architecture & comparing with industry best practices
- High technical proficiency and ability to learn new tools and capabilities quickly
Other leadership & relationship skills
- Ability to engage in consultative selling and draft effective sales pitches to showcase Client's offerings and win the client
- Knowledge of 3-4 industry trends, challenges & dynamics, and a strong perspective on how Client can expand industry eminence; attends & leads industry conferences & associations consistently
- Possess Financial & Banking Industry experience.
Key performance indicators:
- Understanding of what it takes to build strong relationships & drive conversations with senior leadership to generate opportunities; ability to coordinate within a team to drive leads to closure
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to develop a global architecture approach / technology transformation roadmap
- Determined and self-motivated problem solver who can thrive in a dynamic, ambiguous and customer-facing environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information to C-suite / VP level clients
- Pipeline of qualified deals
- Order Intake / Contract Signings from Strategic New Logos/New Scope with current client set
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise