Consultant, Enterprise Mobility
You & your new role
As we continue to work with new technology and expand our digital capabilities, we're making everyday tasks simpler and quicker for our customers - leaving them more time for more important things. If you're passionate about being part of an exciting operational team, you're exactly the sort of person we're looking for.
The enterprise mobility consultant will manage the operational support and development of the Microsoft Endpoint Management (Intune) platform. This role will assist other team members towards the team objective of fast ticket resolution, zero downtime and maintaining a healthy environment. The role is expected to assist with a wide variety of tasks as allocated to the team, and progress incidents, problems and changes to successful resolution. Key Responsibilities
What you will bring:
- Contribute to support of the Microsoft Endpoint Management (Intune) platform.
- Some exec level support, participation in on call roster.
- Assist in the Support of Exchange, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint, Enterprise Vault, Azure AD, Lync
- Contribute to multidisciplinary troubleshooting teams
- Identifying trends around incidents and devising effective solutions to mitigate the problems.
- Identify areas for knowledge transfer to service desk, exec tech, tech lounge teams.
- Contribute to discussions around strategic improvement. Under the guidance of a Senior Consultant, engage with architecture to influence the strategic direction.
- Experience delivering technical support and development services to medium scale enterprise deployments MDM platforms, with Microsoft Endpoint Management (Intune) platform preferred
- Experience with Azure AD Administration and Office 365 Administration.
- Experience delivering workplace services in an enterprise environment.
- Good understanding of the security challenges around Office 365 / AAD and Intune Device Management and other cloud services in a regulated financial organization
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
29 Jan 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time