Consultants and Senior Consultants - Health Ageing and Human Services
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Part time
- KPMG Australia
- 22 Oct 17
See job description for details
- Opportunity to develop your Human Services expertise in a Consulting environment and have an impact on major Australian social policy outcomes.
- Collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts
- Work in our brand new agile office environment in Collins Square Docklands
KPMG's Health, Ageing and Human Services Sector is a great way to contribute to social policy outcomes. We provide challenging work opportunities across a range of government, non-government and private sector clients to help them make Australia a better place for the most vulnerable in our community.
Your new role
We are currently looking for exceptional candidates at both Consultant and Senior Consultant level so join KPMG's Health, Ageing and Human Services Melbourne team. You will work across a variety of projects so you must enjoy stepping outside your comfort zone. Your ongoing responsibilities as a part of the team will include:
- Supporting teams on client delivery across a variety of engagements in understanding policy problems and providing practical and strategic advice, undertaking system and policy reviews, and advising on strategies to achieve policy objectives and strategic advice on options for reform
- Developing strong relationships with clients and maintaining relationships after engagements are completed
- Leading teams on client delivery and engagements including the mentoring of junior staff
You bring to the role
Successful candidates bring the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a health or social policy environment in one or more of the following areas; housing and homelessness, early childhood, disability, child and family services, youth services, domestic and family violence, Indigenous affairs, mental health, alcohol and drug addiction, aged care, or other related areas. You will need a strong interest in and commitment to continuing to develop your skills in these areas
- A proven track record in delivering projects successfully
- A strong communicator with demonstrated business writing and presentation skills
- Stakeholder engagement and management skills including interviews, workshops, and presentations
- Excellent teamwork
- Willingness to travel in Australia
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 29 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 29 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time