Credit Risk Executive - Private Banking
See yourself in our team
The Private Bank Risk Team is a centralised decisioning team that reviews and advises on deals for Commonwealth Private Bank. The team's mandate is to deliver sound credit decisions and services to Commonwealth Private and their customers. You will be part of a very collaborative and supportive team of experienced credit professionals, who thrive on delivering a high standard of customer outcomes. This team encourages a strong flow of guidance and ideas between team members, and will also allow you to display and develop your coaching and mentoring skills. Do work that matters
The role will involve the provision of all aspects of credit services including advisory, credit decisions and recommendation of applications beyond delegated authority for Private Bank clients across all industries nationwide. You'll also be expected to provide:
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Credit Monitoring and oversight
- Risk reporting to Senior Leadership
- Interpretation of policy
- Operational Risk & Compliance management
- Formal and ad-hoc project work.
All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks. You will need experience in credit analysis, assessment, submissions and reviews with consumer and commercial lending. This will include exercising a meaningful delegation in a major financial institution (applicants who are not currently exercising a delegation but can demonstrate strong credit skills and judgement will also be considered).
You will also be required to:
Working at CommBank
- Think outside the box and adapt quickly to new situations.
- Provide sound, consistent risk decisions that are in the customers' best interest.
- Have the confidence and skill to make decisions outside policy where justified.
- Have the awareness of relevant industry issues, which might impact on external and internal credit environments affecting credit quality and recommend appropriate changes to system and/or policies.
- Have exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Possess the relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, CA, Finsia, PRMIA, GARP) or studying towards it.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 29/10/2020