We are looking for a Data Scientist to help us unlock our vast amounts of data via effective modelling and advanced analytics, enabling us to make smarter decisions and deliver even better products to our clients. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems and automated scores using machine learning, integrated with our products. You will be also be supporting our business teams, pre-sales and analytics to ensure optimal product creation.
Ideally suited to someone who has 1-2 years' experience as a Data Scientist, although we might consider an experienced data engineer ready for the next step, who's keen to take on a new challenge within a company that offers vast opportunities for career progression and development. What you'll need to bring to the party
What you'll be doing
- You'll need to be a curious problem solver who can get a question and use data to answer in a clear and straight-forward way
- You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products
- We want you to be excited by the prospect of working with large and diverse datasets using cutting-edge techniques such as AI, machine learning and deep learning.
More about you
- Using advanced analysis through the application of mathematics, you will be working with Experian's acquired data sets to provide correlations and predictions
- You'll play an integral role in the scheduled annual refresh of Mosaic (Experian's propensity attribute product) for our New Zealand and Australia operations
- You will have the opportunity to work on Experian's most recent investments in alternative data sources as we bring this to the market in the next 12 months
Why this role is critical to us
- A strong understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms , such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Moran's I, etc
- Previous experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools, such as Kibana, D3.js, GGplot, Shiny etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc
- SQL is essential, along with Python or R, SAS experience (Enterprise Guide) is not essential, but will be a great addition
- Ideally, you'll have experience in a similar Data Scientist role and a qualification in either Economics, Mathematics (STEM) or Finance
- Our business thrives on our ability to leverage data and advanced analytical capabilities so you'll have a really important mission
- Pinnacle appointment in our broader targeting solutions product development team
- Your knowledge of cloud and Big Data Analysis along with agile development will be used to the max!
- We're a high-performance and driven team but we don't forget to celebrate success
- We offer strong career and international opportunities for high performers
- We invest heavily in our products and our people
- We offer training and support from experienced subject matter experts and managers plus dedicated learning & development time