Data & Information Architect
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 19 Oct 17
See job description for detailsKPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG going through significant transformation in Data and Analytics and Information Management. We are looking for an experienced Data & Information Architect make a significant difference to by helping to drive leading analytics and information management initiatives across our business.
About the role
As part of IT Services you partner with the business to deliver and champion the adoption of these new services. Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support the firm's Data & Analytics (D&A) strategic goals in providing direct advisory services and an agreed roadmap of D&A capabilities to the business units.
- Deliver a D&A Strategy and blueprint to deliver a 'future state Data Architecture', addressing how to uplift the organisations Data Architecture, Master Data and Metadata Management, Data Integration & Ingestion, Data Modelling and Data Visualisation capability, and how to Cloud-enable D&A services logically across a hybrid cloud environment.
- Deliver an Information Management strategy to address data classification and policies, archiving, retention & preservation, tiering & capacity optimisation, eDiscovery and deletion best practices.
- Deliver a Database Consolidation Strategy and seek senior stakeholder approval to address SQL database sprawling
- As a subject matter expert in D&A and BI platforms; champion growth and provide the roadmap, and standards, for the operational teams to deliver.
- Work within the KPMG Enterprise Architecture team to drive functional and non-functional requirements for a standardised D&A Platform.
- Work with the KPMG Risk and ISO team to understand, develop, and champion information management processes through Data Governance across on premise and cloud environments.
- Work with the KPMG Core Systems team to uplift capability based on an information management strategy based on data lifecycle best practices.
- Deliver the foundational IT platforms and capabilities required to support business innovation in Advisory Services and other business led initiatives.
- Stakeholder Management - ensure stakeholders are kept appropriately up-to-date via project reporting and other communications, and develop relationships outside of the team to foster collaboration and strategic alignment across Business Enablement and the business.
You will bring to the role
- Independent and motivated technologist with a passion for solving business problems through data and an eagerness to learn new skills and techniques, including new technologies, software and tools.
- Passionate about delivering high quality solutions support the business strategy that users love to use.
- Innovative and forward thinking.
- Collaborative and team-focused to help drive positive change and growth within the team.
- People management skills, including the ability to coordinate motivate and coach
- Degree in Computer Science, Business studies or Engineering discipline with specific studies in Information Technology
- Developed a Future State Data Strategy and/or D&A / Architectures
- Experience with Data & Analytics applications (visualisation)
- Designed Microsoft SQL / MySQL Solutions
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Advertised: 22 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time