Data & Reporting Engineer
You and your new role:
As a Data & Reporting Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technology based reporting solutions incorporating strategy, design, development, delivery and maintenance of technological solutions to meet business needs.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Eliciting and defining user requirements to translate them into functional requirements
- Effective use of data and process modelling tools to analyse and represent information
- Translating business requirements into meaningful reporting solutions
- Assess existing processes to identify redesign or enhancement opportunities
- Deliver improved productivity or efficiency to the business
You will also support the implementation of new systems through training and documentation to ensure that business processes are not adversely impacted by the implementation of a software system. Your skills and experience:
You will be a Data & Reporting Engineer with experience in developing reporting requirements ideally within large complex organisations. You will be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of a range of new and existing toolsets, confidence working in agile environments and have an ability to deal with ambiguity.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure as code in AWS and Azure
- Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI (including tabular cube experience) and ThoughtSpot
- Data integration / Transformation utilising Informatica
- PL/SQL skills highly regarded
- Python skills desirable
- Experience with software tools like JIRA and Confluence
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large transformation program, utilising cutting edge technology. As we look to invest in, and grow, our inhouse capability we are looking for people who bring a collaborative and team player approach as well as a willingness to learn and share knowledge with others. Your new team
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
10 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time