- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Bluefin Resources
- 21 Sep 17
Data and Commercial Analyst
A leading Australian Retail Brand is currently seeking an experienced Data and Commercial Analyst to contribute to a culture of continuous innovation in how they use data, from analytical techniques through to application.
Reporting to Analytics Manager, you will provide analysis & insights across the existing strategies along with making recommendations for future growth plans.
- Deliver analytics solutions to the business on pilot design (test & learns, campaigns etc.), prototype, build and test many possible hypotheses.
- Provide data driven recommendations to test innovations and optimise their success before industrialising them.
- Working with large, complex data sets, solving difficult, non-routine analysis problems and applying advanced analytical methods as required.
- Support the business with financial & commercial analysis to develop short and long term strategies as well as key performance indicators to achieve business initiatives
- Engage with relevant business partners, prioritising and assessing business proposals to support sound commercial decisions and profitable growth
- Continuous improvement of analysis and reporting tools for commercial & profitability analysis
- Background in building and testing hypotheses, creating business cases, data analysis and delivering insights
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present insight and analysis to senior management.
- Confidence to challenge current thinking by leveraging available data.
- Keen problem solving skills with an explorer mentality - will keep searching for information to identify new trends and test hypotheses.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in a quantitative discipline
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the analytical solution delivery to the business on new ideas and provide data driven recommendations to test innovations and optimise their success before industrialising them.
For more information, please call Aditi on 03 83305003 or email on