DevOps Delivery Practice Specialist
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Engineering Practices team in a Trans-Tasman role. There are two position available one in Sydney and other in Melbourne. The purpose and unique contribution of your role is to uplift software delivery practices across IAG.
For your role to make a difference, you will lead and mentor through practical implementation. You will be concentrating on the full lifecycle of the delivery patterns, pipelines and environments which lead to efficient and effective software delivery including their design, development, support, maintenance and measurement. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Refactor, configure and develop software delivery processes to accommodate the deployment requirements of various applications and technologies in the most effective manner.
- Contribute to the implementation of a set of modern software delivery principles, patterns and guidelines, with a team-first focus.
- Champion DevSecOps and Continuous Delivery across IAG Group Technology.
- Work closely with agile teams to support them in adopting a DevOps culture, and enable them to move towards continuous delivery as appropriate to their context.
- Research, identify and support the execution of strategic initiatives that support all platform teams in their adoption of Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Enable teams through education, mentoring and peering practices
- Lead through influence across your community of practice, without formal reporting lines.
- Proven experience leading a DevOps practice
- Strong understanding of the CI/CD Pipeline
- Ability to lead the design, build and development of software delivery automation principles, patterns and guidelines that enable software delivery teams
- Strong experience with Jenkins, AWS, Linux
- Experience using Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Experience with a logging/ metrics platform e.g. Splunk, (B)ELK Stack, SumoLog
- Strong understanding of Scripting preferably with Java and Python
- Expertise designing, building and maintaining cloud based applications and IAC
- Demonstrated building, deploying, monitoring and operating container platforms
- Mentoring and coaching agile software delivery teams, evangelising Lean-Agile values and DevSecOps thinking, principles and practices
- Expert in release, performance engineering and DevSecOps engineering best practices
- Ability to work with and lead a diverse group of people, effectively balance competing priorities, and meet tight timelines.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories; It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close on the 27th of January 2020
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. LI-AH1