EXECUTIVE GENERAL MANAGER COMPLIANCE
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Diversified Financial Services Organisation
- 26 Jun 18 2018-06-26
A large financial services group is seeking an Executive General Manager for Compliance to provide leadership
- Strategic Business Partnering
- Promote a strong culture of compliance
- Develop and lead a team of senior specialists in compliance and financial crime
A large financial services group is seeking an Executive General Manager for Compliance to provide leadership and direction to a team of specialists that are accountable for the development and transformation of frameworks (tools, process and policies) that are used in the measurement, management and monitoring of compliance risk (including conduct) and financial crime. This role will play a critical part in guiding and influencing the business to drive strong commercial outcomes.
The role will be responsible for:
- Defining the risk appetite for Compliance Risk with regard to the internal and external environment and emerging risks;
- Providing leadership and guidance to a team of specialists that are designing compliance and financial crime frameworks, policies, standards and tools;
- Ensuring prospective risk appetite breaches, material risks, loss events and / or deviations from the Risk Management Framework are escalated on a timely basis;
- Providing leadership, guidance and proactive advice on the approach and tools used for compliance and financial crime management to ensure they evolve with the nature of the exposure and future regulation;
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the Board and executive management in compliance and financial crime matters; and
- Representing the company with regulators in relation to compliance and financial crime.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Over 15 experience in compliance and financial crime risk management or risk leadership roles (including experience working with regulators);
- Extensive experience successfully leading and delivering large transformation programs;
- Tertiary or post graduate qualifications in finance/commerce/law;
- A strong reputation of credibility and being able to build trust at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to make risk based decisions (value creation through managing risk);
- Strong understanding of compliance obligations, emerging changes, issues and opportunities in financial services;
- Developed and led a high performing team, preferably through a period of change; and
- Robust confidence and resilience.
This is a genuine opportunity to make a significant impact and assist the division meet its goals.
If you are seeking a new challenge and meet the criteria, please apply to email@example.com.