See job description for details
About The Role
Role Location: Melbourne
Role Type: Senior Engineer
Shift Schedule: (if applicable) Normal Shift
As an Engineer you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the end-to-end release process and implement changes to the applications in the Payments Messaging platform for ANZ and support the platform. You will collaborate closely with analysts, other engineers, support staff and Product Owners to understand the requirements and to ensure the delivery of work meets customer expectations. About You
To grow and be successful in this role you will ideally bring the following:
- Computer programming degree or equivalent.
- Certification in agile delivery approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, Feature Driven Development, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner.
- Agile delivery experience such as Scrum, Kanban and Feature Driven Development is highly desirable as is the use collaboration tools such as Jira and confluence.
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles, patterns and practices.
- Practical experience applying good design principles to developing front end and backend applications (performance, scalability, security, authentication and access control, etc).
- Practical experience with java, RegEx, scheduler, scripting/shell programming, Oracle, Linux, UI development and understanding of application infrastructure (networks, application servers, databases, integration).
- Experience with development tools such as bit bucket, uDeploy, Bamboo, Artifactory, Tosca, etc.
- Good Payments and Messaging domain knowledge.
- Strong prior experience with messaging applications like Alliance Messaging Hub (AMH) or SWIFT Alliance Access (SAA) or similar messaging products.
- Strong prior experience with messaging standards such as SWIFT MT and ISO20022 standards with hands on mapping and transformation experience between these standards is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with application hosting in the Cloud and the associate technologies is highly desirable.
- Planning release windows and the overall release lifecycle and communicating delivery plans, commitments, and changes to stakeholders within and across teams.
- Measure and monitor progress towards release dates and managing risks and issues that may affect release scope and or delivery dates.
- Soft Skills – A team player, A collaboration champion, Continuous improvement junkie, a problem solver. Demonstrated leadership experience in a medium sized engineering team. Pays attention to the detail and demonstrates problem solving capability to develop and deliver quality solutions.
- 10-15 years of application development and release deployment experience.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS123060