See job description for details
Job Title: Engineer BI
Location: Docklands, Melbourne
- Help shape the future as we leverage data to flip traditional banking on its head
- Get stuck into our huge data sets to create solutions for our customers
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Engineer BI to join our Finance Systems – Data and Innovation team.
A key element of this role is driving the engineering agenda, ensuring delivery of best practice end-to-end engineering respecting ANZ architecture standards. You will challenge inefficient engineering/solution development practice in ANZ and influence change in your field to drive better business outcomes.
In the role you will implement smart and relevant engineering/solution development to drive E2E application delivery and support while linking in to the wider FSDI roadmap supporting data, analytics and automation. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Design and deliver solution on a variety of technologies that meet user/customer needs
- Identify, monitor and manage risks, issues and dependencies, agreeing appropriate risk responses
- Work in collaborative and inclusive teams to build innovative solutions and helps to guide and support less experienced team members in the Tribe
- Create, understand and monitor applications metrics, with the ability to triage and diagnose defects/issues
- Utilise tools and best practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways
- Relevant BI development experience using QlikSense
- Proven experience in QlikSense scripting and writing expressions
- Understanding of data modelling and design e.g. conceptual, logical, physical data modelling, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema.
- Understand the use of QVDs in ETL processing.
- Excellent communication skills
- Financial services domain experience, preferred
- Proficiency in UX/UI design would be an added advantage
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS124350