Engineering Manager, Cloud Managed Services
We are looking for experienced Cloud Engineering Managers to join the Cloud Managed Services team, and lead an engineering squad to plan, deliver and support service features that deliver customer value and mature service capability.
You will also be accountable for the strategic development of services, vendor and business relationship management, across the team that is responsible for the support of NAB's Multicloud Strategy. Some of the core responsibilities would be:
- Manage the functional area and a collection of related activities to achieve identified CMS objectives.
- Provide leadership for technical support across primarily Azure (but capable across all three NAB's cloud environments) to ensure the managed execution of operational tasks such as patching, backup, restoration, monitoring and disaster recovery.
- Proactively drive the team to enhance automation and utilise tooling to not only speed up the delivery of services but also improve the day to day reliability and performance of the cloud managed services.
- Ensure service level commitments for CMS services are delivered against expectations, including operational reporting and governance.
- Have great communication skills to engage effectively with our cloud consumers across the entire business. You will be a key engine in NAB's cloud first approach by providing ongoing design advise for our cloud managed services customers.
- Leveraging and exploiting cloud solutions, DevOps, testing automation etc
If you have advanced technical knowledge in Azure public Cloud, automated delivery products/technology/ tools and a passion to lead teams, this would be the perfect role for you. Some of the key experience/skills we are looking for are:
At NAB life is about more than money
- Experience leading an Engineering Squad, and being an enabler, setting the direction and being able to remove blockers;
- Proven experience in managing a diverse team, with the ability and passion for mentoring and upskilling
- Strong, diverse technical skills across infrastructure, networks, security and applications, with specific projects or previous experience in the build of Cloud Environments;
- Experience in infrastructure-as-code development, with the following cloud knowledge as Mandatory: Azure core services - VM/Managed Disks/LB/AzureSQL Paas/ARM Templates/Functions.
Over time, we've learned a thing or two about helping our customers. And while money is important it's not what matters most. It's the connection we share and the relationships we build. And that's why we do things a little differently. Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. As you explore our site and discover more about our culture and our people, you'll see this is a place of possibilities. Our move to the cloud is helping them become realities. We're NAB.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits:
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advert. Advertised:
12 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time