We represent a boutique equity fund manager with a strong track record of performance since their inception in 2012 who are now looking for an equity analyst to join their investment team based in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer and the Chief Executive Officer, you will focus on the fundamental bottom up research and assessment of companies, digging into financials, research of different sectors, industry analysis, company valuations and company management visits.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the equity market with a strong commercial and inquisitive mindset to explore different ideas and challenge the status quo.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Ability to model and value a company;
• Advanced critical reasoning and ability to make judgement calls;
• Commercial and entrepreneurial mindset;
• Conduct company and industry research;
• Strong written skills - produce written reports and presentations;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
• Cultural fit and the ability to blend into a highly collegiate environment;
• Degree qualifications in a financial discipline with strong academic transcripts. CFA qualification highly regarded but not essential.
• Have a strong sense of the financial markets and be able to provide insightful analysis of potential investee companies
This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate looking to make their first move and/or continue to further develop their skills within a direct equity investing role within a highly collegiate and performance driven environment. Candidates will likely to have gained experience in an investment banking, the advisory/valuations area of a ‘Big 4’ CA firm, management consulting, equity research or funds management.
For a confidential discussion please contact Michael Lee (03) 9653 8620 or email@example.com
JON MICHEL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors. The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, insurance companies, private equity firms, stockbrokers, private equity backed companies & sophisticated investor groups, professional firms, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
Areas of Specialisation
Corporate & Investment Banking | Advisory | Global Markets | Risk Management
Funds Management & Alternative Investments
Corporates & Government
Executive Management – C-Suite
Marketing & Communications