Finance Manager, Service Delivery
About the role
- Lead, inspire and make a difference
- Progressive & agile culture
- We embrace diversity & inclusion at our core
As part of the Finance Division, the role of Manager, Service Delivery is to lead a team of Finance Professionals responsible for the delivery of accounting processes and financial reporting in Accounting Operations within the Financial Control team. Day to day you will:
- Perform people leadership activities such as coaching, training, performance evaluation, workflows, etc;
- Forecast the demand for resources given operational performance targets, cost constraints and the volumes expected to be processed, and work with the relevant Lead(s) onshore/offshore to ensure appropriate resources are available to perform this work;
- Agree with management what process governance mechanisms are relevant, then implement / maintain these over time;
- Understand the upstream and downstream impacts and implications for process change, ensuring early line of sight of upstream issues and timely communication of impacts to downstream stakeholders and required stakeholder management;
- Provide 'hands on' oversight, coaching and quality assurance as required to ensure the effective execution of new processes;
- Prepare management reporting as required regarding the operational or financial performance of the process;
- Work with Management Assurance to agree an approach to managing operational risk within acceptable settings, including identifying risks in a timely manner and ensuring appropriate mitigation/management strategies are in place;
- Engage with relevant teams across Finance and the wider Group, to bring the right people together to make decisions and deliver outcomes for colleagues.
To support you to lead your team in an outstanding way, you will have access to programs, tools and resources which will connect you to the right development at the right time. About You
- Excellent people leadership ability including coaching, training, performance evaluation, workflows, etc;
- Extensive experience with a verifiable track record of high achievement in financial management of business unit profit and loss, balance sheet, financial control, performance analysis and accounting issue resolution;
- Strong understanding of financial and management accounting standards, policies, practices and processes as they apply to banking transactions;
- Advanced knowledge of NAB financial systems and processes including Hyperion Financial Management, SAP General Ledger, ARR cube and Microsoft Excel;
- An innovative problem solver with the ability to deal with ambiguity and an environment of constant change;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Commence, Accounting or Finance and post graduate qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent) is essential.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
Role purpose statement Advertised:
31 Jan 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time