- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 23 Oct 18
Financial Accountant - Exciting FinTech Company
We are looking for Financial Accountant with a hands on, can do attitude to join the team and help deliver our exciting future. This role is ideal for someone working in a audit function looking to take their next step into industry.
The performance of this role will be measured against key performance indicators (KPI's) established to meet organisational objectives. KPI's will be established each year.
*Month end journals, balance sheet reconciliations, internal controls and compliance * Bank reconciliations
* Treasury Payments (local and international)
* General Ledger accounts reconciliations and inter-company accounting
* Assistance in audit completion
* BAS, Payroll Tax and FBT reconciliations and payments
* Assistance in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and general office administration tasks as required
* Identify and implement process improvements
* Fixed Assets accounting
To be successful in this role you will be driven by customer success, have a passion for the FinTech Industry and keen to be part of a newly established business. We are keen to speak to people who can demonstrate the following:
* Be qualified in the relevant degree (Bachelor of Business / Accounting)
* Hold a current CA or studying towards this
* Have 2-3 year's experience in audit, preferably with one of the Big 4
* Possess highly effective communication skills
* Have intermediate Microsoft Office (in particular Excel) skills
* Have an ability to communicate effectively and deal with employees at varying levels
* Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude
* Work well independently or as part of a team
* Have exceptional organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure
* Be able to think conceptually and look for opportunities for improvement
If you or someone you know are interested in this role I would love to hear from you
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.