Financial Modellers - Expression of Interest
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 22 Feb 18
See job description for details
- Demonstrate and improve your financial modelling and problem solving skills
- Join our growing Advisory practice
- Flexible working options are available
- Sydney Barangaroo, or Melbourne CBD Locations
As one of the largest specialist financial modelling teams in the Asia Pacific, the KPMG Financial Modelling team develops and reviews financial and business models in a wide variety of contexts ranging from the high profile corporate and infrastructure projects and transactions, through to supporting businesses and governments in complex strategic decision making processes involving valuations, business performance, cost efficiencies or process improvement.
Your new role
As a financial modeller at KPMG, you will be part of a fast growing team that develops and reviews financial and business models of all types, and solve problem for our clients.
- You will gain experience and commercial knowledge in various sectors, for example, in banking, property development, infrastructure, government and utilities
- Develop financial models through communicating with clients and tailoring models to meet clients' needs and add value to our clients' businesses
- Review financial models in the context of high profile infrastructure projects and transactions, enabling you to gain a wide and in depth view on a variety of modelling techniques and practices
- Collaborate closely with KPMG specialists from other business groups and industry sectors
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different stakeholders.
- A demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple tasks appropriately through effective time management.
- The ability to work proactively, effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- A degree in commerce (finance, accounting or economics), engineering, or other quantitative discipline.
- A senior consultant or manager role needs to demonstrate excellence with Excel or Excel based financial modelling.
- Working rights in Australia.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 31 Jan 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time