Full Stack Developer - (Java\/AWS)
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
The role will come on board and join our well-established Personal Investor business. Vanguard Personal Investor launched in April 2020 to revolutionize the way Australians invest directly. We continue to strive to achieve this via our simplification, diversification, low costs and enhanced digital customer experience. Core Accountabilities
Key Technical Skills
- Provide system analysis, design, development, QA, and implementation of JIRA stories to achieve the next high priority outcomes for the personal investor team
- Closely work with global partners to design solutions, ensuring that we are aligned to the architectural direction of the platform.
- Business outcome focus using CI/CD and DevSecOps principles.
- Provide BAU and production support.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones
- Perform Automation testing and requirements solicitation when required.
Specialization that will make an impact:
- Java 8 and/or 9 with Spring Boot, Spring Integration, JAZ_RS, Spring Batch and Spring 4/5
- AWS (DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Step Functions, Cloud Formation, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, Amazon RDS)
More about you
- Angular, preferably Angular 7 or later
- Test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks - mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Familiarity with DevSecOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices is a plus
You'll bring outstanding stakeholder engagement skills, along with exceptional communication skills. You'll have experience in a global environment with a demonstrated ability in driving results and efficiently contributing to innovative customer solutions. You understand targets and timelines and have an ability to transform ambiguity into solutions and business outcome through collaboration and creativity. You'll bring demonstrated similar development experience, ideally within a similar organisation or consultancy, and also experience working in an agile process and SCRUM environment. Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.