General Manager, Digital
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Korn Ferry
- 12 Apr 18 2018-04-12
Leading Financial Services Institution seeking to transform the digital capabilities of the group. • Newly created leadership role within a market leading organisation • Transformational and visionary role building the future of digital technology • Leadership of large Software Engineering group, forward looking and modern approach
This large Financial Services Institution is a market leader embarking on a major transformation across the business. Critical to the success of the transformation is the development of an integrated Digital strategy and roadmap to meet the future needs of its customers including, the successful development of digital assets that lead markets in terms of customer experience, product innovation and business efficiency. A new role has been created to take ownership of the Digital Technology environment bringing together teams from across the business to form a group which will have end-to-end ownership for Digital Technology.
• Act as internal and external thought leader in the area of Digital technology.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business and technology to set the future Digital technology strategy, advising on its impact and feasibility to transition from a complex legacy environment.
• Responsible for leading and mentoring a team of circa 1,000 technical resources, transitioning the organisation to an Agile way of working while building capabilities across DevOps, API, Microservices, Cloud etc.
• Driving end-to-end accountability for all digital technology assets across the group, from concept through development and on to post production support.
• Software engineering background with experience building and leading groups of Software Engineers in excess of 500+, including onshore and offshore engineering management.
• Proven experience transitioning organisations from a traditional environment to one that is viewed as a Digital leader, of relevant scale and complexity.
• A global perspective preferably gained from experience driving software engineering, innovation and a creation of digital assets within globally recognized and leading digital platform environments.
• Proven software engineering expertise gained within modern digital platform environments
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant technology discipline
• Accredited in relevant software engineering tools and methods