General Manager, Group Capacity Management
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Russell Reynolds Associates Australia Pty Ltd
- 04 Apr 18 2018-04-04
This financial services organisation has grown to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s most respected banks. To continue to serve its millions of customers today and into the future, they strive to achieve the right workforce composition and capabilities to deliver an exceptional customer experience and the organisation’s strategic priorities. The role of General Manager, Capacity Management will provide strategic and operational leadership across enterprise wide workforce planning and forecasting, to optimise labour decisions for the internal and external workforce in Australia and offshore.
The role has been established to create a centre of excellence that will include:
- Leading the strategic analysis and assessment of opportunities to optimise labour across a 35,000 employee population to inform better executive level decision making and achieve performance efficiencies and improved operational delivery;
- Creating and implementing a new operating model and rhythm for forecasting and demand planning that can be effectively implemented and scaled enterprise wide;
- Automation of capacity management processes and reporting through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning capabilities;
- Implementing a robust compliance monitoring framework and improved reporting capability with granularity of data and insights;
- Driving effective change management activity to support adoption of the capacity management strategy across the organisation including developing advocacy in stakeholders; and
- Creating a centralised and high performing capacity management team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience leading enterprise wide workforce planning and forecasting for a large, complex organisation;
- Created and led a significant workforce planning and forecasting transformation program that delivered a high productivity uplift in both customer and non-customer facing divisions over a sustained period of time;
- Subject matter expertise in areas such as Active Operations Management, workforce forecasting tools, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning;
- A strong reputation and experience in effective stakeholder management including at the executive leadership team level;
- Developed and led a high performing team, preferably through a period of change; and
- Previous experience in the financial services sector will be highly regarded.
To apply for this role please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org