General Manager, Technology Platforms
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Korn Ferry
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Leading Financial Services Institution seeking to transform the digital and technology capabilities of the group. • Newly created leadership role within a market leading organisation • Transformational and visionary role building the future of technology platforms • Leadership of large Software Engineering group, forward looking and modern approach
This large Financial Services Institution is a market leader embarking on a major transformation across the business. A new role has been created to take ownership of managing the necessary software engineering infrastructure supporting a full range of technology capabilities including; workflow automation, integration, API/service engines/microservices, development test tooling and services, development pipelines, testing and release services.
The role requires an outstanding transformation leader comfortable with setting the agenda for and leading change within an environment moving towards agile practices. The ability to lead and influence a large team of resources will be essential, as will the ability to bring enabling software engineering infrastructure to bear in a manner that is responsive, adaptive and aligned to the shifting needs of a high impact, results oriented engineering environment.
• Creation of a software engineering platform group which will have enterprise wide responsibility, with resources sitting within a core team as well as being embedded into engineering groups.
• Develop frameworks, models, capabilities and methodologies enforcing and promoting the “build once, use many” philosophy across the Technology Organisation but also with key technology third party vendors.
• Establish and ensure adherence to architectural, risk, compliance and delivery standards.
• Software engineering background with experience building and leading groups of Software Engineers in excess of 200+, including onshore and offshore engineering management.
• Proven experience transitioning organisations from a traditional environment to one that is viewed as a Digital and Technology leader, of relevant scale and complexity.
• A global perspective preferably gained from experience driving software engineering, innovation and the creation of digital and technology assets within a globally recognised and leading platform environment.
• Proven software engineering expertise gained within a modern digital platform environment
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant technology discipline
• Accredited in relevant software engineering tools and methods