Guidewire Configuration Specialist
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
Y ou will provide expertise across the development and support of the IAG Guidewire ClaimCentre assets, with alignment to agreed service levels. Your knowledge in web services and Java will be utilised in building integrations from Guidewire ClaimCentre with our supply chain partners and the enhancement of the Claims and Supply Chain systems. You will be an active participant within the agile development life cycle of IAG Claims initiatives. This role sits within IAG's CTO Platform division. Key Responsibilities:
- Cost-effective delivery of all assigned development tasks and/or production maintenance and support services for IAG's Guidewire ClaimCentre assets
- Identified and assigned test defects and/or assigned production incidents and problems for the IAG's Guidewire ClaimCentre assets
- Ensure all development and production support activities are performed in accordance with agreed quality principles and processes
- Monitor application performance and perform approved rectification and improvement initiatives;
- Assist with the implementation and testing of scheduled hardware and software upgrades;
Skills & Experience
- All system design, program specifications and design documentation conforms to the agreed standard.
- Active participation in code quality reviews.
- Mentor and provide guidance to Analyst Programmers and Senior Analyst Programmers as needed.
- Accountability for the governance of the Technical Solution of a project
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years as a Java Developer
- Proficiency in Java Technologies, RESTful API; SOAP API, Atlassian JIRA/Confluence, GIT
- Prior experience in an IT environment supporting either insurance and/or financial services would be beneficial
- General Insurance products and services knowledge (highly regarded)
- Excellent Oral & Written and written communication skills
- Automation testing capability (Ruby/Cucumber, Selenium) would be desirable.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories; It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close on 23rd of February 2020
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. #LI-AU