Head of Financial Crime Compliance
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, this role will manage and supervise the global Compliance team and seek to advance the Airwallex compliance agenda. You will play an influential role in our growth story. This role can be based in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, England or San Francisco.
- Lead the global Airwallex Compliance team
- Refine and uplift the current global FCC compliance framework of Airwallex
- Oversee all aspects of the compliance program, from KYC onboarding and due diligence processes to considering the transaction monitoring rules and process
- Partnering with products and engineering teams to assist in the building of the state of the art compliance program which focuses on data, risk allocation and efficiency
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners as well as regulators
- Oversee the use of high-volume data to investigate, identify and report trends linked to AML typologies and compliance to leadership
- Investigate, identify and develop triggers, rules and algorithms for transaction monitoring
- Design and execute reports to measure success and performance of initiatives
- Drive internal controls design and monitoring to support Compliance Operational policy and procedures
- Partner with Compliance Operations, Legal, Engineering, Product, Strategy, and Business Development to achieve results for team and the global Compliance department
- Produce reports to measure success and performance of AML Compliance initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and key risk indicators
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
- 18+ years of FCC related compliance experience
- 5+ years managing teams across multiple geographies
- Experience in FinTech, ecommerce, RegTech, compliance consulting, accounting or financial services
- Familiarity with AML, CTF and FATF regulations globally
- Ability to work with data
- Certification in compliance related area (ICA or CAMS)
- Knowledge in core AML products, money laundering and terrorism typology, segmentation, scenarios, models, methodology, and AML tools
- Experience with Transaction Monitoring, Screening, Financial Investigations or similar discipline
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Outstanding time management, presentation, and relationship building skills
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.