Head of Fund Accounting Oversight
As the Head of Fund Accounting Oversight, you will have overall responsibility for the day to day operations of one of four teams within Melbourne Fund Services operations. This will include the management of the AU/NZ oversight and monitoring team located in Melbourne and accountability for the teams based across Citi's off shore sites supporting the AU/NZ CFS business. Strong leadership and supervisory skills are essential whilst an ongoing focus on the development and coaching of staff is maintained.
You will be responsible for driving process improvement whilst mitigating risk and coaching staff through the change management framework. Training within the unit is also an integral part of the job family as well as ensuring that staff are updated on changes to accounting standards, new instruments, industry changes/updates, policies as well as improving knowledge enhancements to systems. Travelling will be a requirement, particularly in terms of performing due diligences on our off shore centres, coaching and developing off shore teams, as well as driving the implementation of new clients and organic growth . KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Ensuring that all valuations and unit prices are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of Affiliate's and Client's Service Level Agreements are met
- Ensuring the delivery and tracking of regulatory and legislative requirements
- Reviews operational impact of changes in legislation and ensuring compliance to established controls.
- Manage and engage both on and off shore staff members through coaching, performance management and development planning
- Develops suitable training for staff whilst ensuring no key person risk .
- Assist Head of Fund Services operations in recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Working with internal stakeholder to ensure new funds/new relationships are implemented seamlessly.
- Close interaction with Product Managment, Business Support, Technology and other internal units to deliver tailored efficient solutions that will meet the expectations and needs of clients.
- Drive and track ongoing process improvements both tactically and strategically
- Analyse client challenges, understand root cause analysis and identify opportunities to improve client satisfaction in a well controlled environment
- Build, monitor and participate in Manager Control Assessments (MCA) and other internal and external audit activities/reviews.
- Identify control deficiencies and implement appropriate procedures to mitigate any risk.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong understanding of Accounting and Tax concepts.
- Strong understanding of Transfer Agency/Unit Pricing
- Strong understanding of Alternative Investments
- Strong understanding of Superannuation Funds
- Strong knowledge of Financial Services industry
- Strong knowledge of various financial instruments, with proven experience in Alternative Investments
- Exposure to with strong proven background in Unit Pricing/ Unit Registry/ Managed Funds / Alternative investment products.
- Understanding of Global Financial Markets.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Studies
- Accounting qualification such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA would be an advantage.
- 7+ years experience in Fund Administration with more than 3 years in a supervisory position
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .