See job description for details
Identity Operations Engineer
We're changing the way we run ANZ by adopting new ways of working so we can build a better ANZ for our customers today and in the future. The success of our Business Transformation is dependent on having great people to deliver quality outcomes for our customers so we're looking for people who are passionate about transformational change so we can redefine banking for the future. Join us as we reimagine the industry using the latest platforms and technology to better support our customers' financial wellbeing. What's your mission?
As an Identity Operations Engineer your mission is to help design and deliver a modern banking platform and supporting suite of services that provide simple and secure ways for our customers to engage with the bank.
Your mission is to help design and deliver customer experiences that empower our customers and partners to interact seamlessly with ANZ with high levels of trust.
You'll employ your engineering and ITIL skills to help reshape how we deliver high-quality customer experiences faster and more efficiently to our customers, and will bring a creative, customer focused mindset to the role What will your day look like?
As an Ops Engineer working within Business Services Identity Engineering, you will be responsible for building and managing our Identity and Access Management platform operational processes. You will be enhancing the observability of the platform so that it will alert even before the potential incident is created.
You will be responding to challenging system change requests from the business as well as handling communications during any system outages.
You will use infrastructure monitoring tools and respond to alerts to continuously improve the stability of our systems. Our workflow automation eliminates guesswork and simplifies your daily priorities, freeing you up to focus on solving systems issues.
We have a detailed Operations Playbook to help you get started, and a revolutionary software factory that you'll leverage to make it all happen. Bring your operational skills to bear, not merely following the playbook, but improving it.
As an engineer within this team, you will be responsible for defining our operational tooling and work with our platform teams to help maintain the CD pipelines. You will also utilise container-based toolsets in your day to day development and work across both AWS and GCP environments to meet the desired business outcomes. What will be in your toolkit?
You will ideally have experience in more than one of the following:
- Extensive experience in IAM processes and technologies.
- Knowledge of federation standards oAuth 2.0, OpenID connect etc.
- Strong knowledge of authentication and authorization standards.
- Previous experience in an operations team.
- Strong background in Identity and Access management, preferably with the Forgerock Identity Manager, Access Management.
- Ability to mentor and guide team members on IAM operational processes and technologies.
- A thorough understanding of customer service-related performance metrics
- Experience with Change Management & ITIL processes in enterprise environments.
- Experience working with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions
- Experience in alerting and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, New Relic, Dynatrace
- Experience with Logging tools such as Splunk
- Experience with Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience in configuration and development any of the CI/CD tool ex. Github actions, codefresh etc.
- Experience in ITIL process
- ITIL v4 Foundations (ITIL v3 Foundations minimum)
- Ideally ServiceNow Mapping Fundamentals and Implementation Specialist certified
At Engineering@ANZx we have a 'you build it, you run it' culture. So for the products and platforms you help build, you'll get to take ownership for ensuring they launch and run smoothly for our customers, giving you real exposure to the full lifecycle. To support this, our Engineers may need to operate during non-standard hours, ensuring continued service and/or being available to support technical outages. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
This role is required to work from an ANZ workplace. Under the Victorian Government's COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, the successful candidate will need to provide evidence that they have received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine by 26 November 2021, or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner, in order to be appointed to the role.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS123495).